Based on the research shared, here are ten things that engaged workers tend to say:
- I’ve been recognized for my work in the past 7 days
- My supervisor seems to care about me
- Someone at work encourages my development
- My opinions seem to count at work
- In the past 6 months someone has talked about my development
- I know what’s expected of me at work
- I have the opportunity to learn at work
- I have the opportunity to use my strengths at work
- The company’s mission, values and goals make me feel that my work is important
- I have a best friend at work
Based on this list, a few questions we might ask ourselves include… How many of our team members might say some or all of these things?
Might there be a plan for promoting such thoughts or feelings?
Can specific activities on the part of our leaders at all levels be targeted to implement such a plan?
The opportunities for improvement are significant!